- Otters meet on a Monday night between 17:45 and 19:00
- Owls Meet on a Thursday Night between 17:45 and 19:00
What’s the best thing about Beaver Scouts? Activities, trips and making friends are all part of what makes it so much fun for girls and boys. As well as earning activity badges, many Beavers Scouts get to go on camps and sleepovers, often for the first time. Beaver Scouts like:
- Being creative – making things and singing
- Playing games
- Going on visits and investigating nature
- Learning about themselves
- Getting to know other people
- Discovering the worlds of science, nature and technology
- Exploring the natural and man-made world
- Caring – responding to the needs of others, the local and international community
Or could the best thing be the amazing leaders that make it all happen. Of course it could be the Beavers themselves...
What Does it Cost?
‘Subs’ are paid termly in September, January and April. The amount is £49.00 per term. This covers our room hire, equipment and materials etc as well as the National Membership fee.
If you are subject to payment of Income Tax to HMRC, we encourage you to complete the Gift Aid authorisation form to help Group funds, this adds no cost to you but is a great financial boost to us.
There will be activities such as sleepovers, camps and external visits, mostly optional, that come with an additional cost. A typical weekend camp will cost between £60 & £70 pounds, all inclusive. A single night sleep over may be as little as £5.00 (held in a local church that supports us). Going climbing for the day would be in the range of £15 to £30 pounds. This is just a sample and we try to keep the cost as low as possible, whilst making sure all costs are covered and money is put aside for replacement of the equipment used for the events.
We try to keep costs down and we want to be as inclusive as possible, if you have difficulty paying please speak to one of our leaders.