This policy sets out the terms and conditions for the use of the 1st Winnersh Scout Group's web site, web pages and governs data collection and usage. By using the 1st Winnersh Scout Group website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
1. Contact Details
- This web site is operated by 1st Winnersh Scout Group (1st Winnersh) who are a part of the Scout Association ('SA') which is a Youth Organization incorporated by Royal Charter (for more information visit http://www.scouts.org.uk).
- If you have any queries relating to the use of this web site, please contact our webadmin.
2. Data Protection and Privacy
- 1st Winnersh and the SA recognize that your privacy is important to you. 1st Winnersh aim to adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the SA is registered with the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998. 1st Winnersh are committed to respecting your online privacy. We will apply appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information you share with us. The information you submit will be kept confidential and with high standards of security once it reaches us.
- Any personal information provided by you to 1st Winnersh through your use of this web site will only be used for the following purposes by 1st Winnersh:
- Updating and enhancing membership records and those of other related SA activities;
- Defining areas of interest to you and improving the web site to meet users' habits and requirements and compiling information relating to users' movements across the web site;
- Advising you of products, services and functions which may be of interest:
- Any personal information received from you will be retained by us and not sold transferred or otherwise disclosed to any third party, unless such disclosure is required by law or other court order. We shall also give you the opportunity to remove yourself from any of our mailing lists at any time.
- When registering for on-line services you will be given a personal username and password for subsequent access to these services. You should change this password on your first access to the site and again at anytime you think that the your password may have been compromised. The services and information available to you will be governed by the relationship you have with us.
- By proceeding to register with this web site, you consent to the terms and conditions herein and to 1st Winnersh processing of your personal data for the purposes set out above.
- Other tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names; Internet protocol addresses; browser software and operating system types; dates and times that our site is being accessed to ensure the secure operation of our site. None of this information is stored in cookies.
- This web site and associated content is strictly © Copyright of 1st Winnersh Scout Group and is intended for Scouting use only. All rights are reserved.
- All intellectual property and copyrights in the design and layout of this web site and the material and information published on its pages are vested in the 1st Winnersh except where otherwise specified. You may not copy any part of this site or do any other act in relation to any part of the site that is prohibited by copyright other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk any page, for your personal and non commercial use only.
- In material issued to third parties you may quote from this site provided that you give due accreditation to the author and to the 1st Winnersh.
- Permission to use or reproduce any of this material in any manner other than those listed in 3b should be directed to 1st Winnersh.
4. Linking Policy
- We welcome inward links to the 1st Winnersh websites. All links must be appropriate and relevant in the context of 1st Winnersh and must not give the impression that 1st Winnersh is in any way associated with or have approved such other site, nor should links be used in any manner which could be construed as derogatory to 1st Winnersh or the SA.
- Certain links in this web site will lead to web sites that are not under the control of 1st Winnersh. When you activate these you will leave this web site. 1st Winnersh has no control over and accepts no liability in respect of materials, products or services available on any web site which is not under the control of 1st Winnersh. 1st Winnersh is providing these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by 1st Winnersh of the site.
- The material and information contained on this website are for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the website as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions. Whilst we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, 1st Winnersh makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- To the extent not prohibited by law, in no circumstances shall 1st Winnersh be liable to you or any other third parties for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits) arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to use, this site or any of the material contained in it. The views expressed in this website are not necessarily those of the SA.
- You agree to indemnify and to keep 1st Winnersh indemnified from and against any costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities suffered by 1st Winnersh arising from or which is directly or indirectly related to your access to and/or use of the web site and/or any other person or entity's use of the web site where such person or entity was able to access the web site using your username and password, which are both personal to you.
7. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions are governed and will be interpreted in accordance with English courts. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim or dispute which might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
8. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting revisions on the site.
This statement was updated on 28th May 2012 and replaces any previous statements with immediate effect.